Parker Porter to debut in UFC this Saturday.by Brian Woodman Jr. on 08/14/20
(Update: Chris Daukaus defeated Parker Porter in the first round of their heavyweight bout. Daukaus won by TKO at 4:27. More results for the event are available at https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-252)
As most MMA fans are
probably aware, light heavyweights Daniel Cormier (22-2-0, with one no contest)
and Stipe Miocic (19-3) will compete in a much-anticipated rubber match on
August 15 during UFC 252. The UFC Apex in Las Vegas will host the
event this Saturday evening.
fans may recognize New Britain resident Parker Porter (10-5) on the early
preliminary card. Porter, who is a veteran of Bellator and CES, will make his
UFC debut against Chris Daukaus (8-3) in a heavyweight bout.
Porter, an alumni of Southington High School, is
perhaps best known for the caliber of competition that he faced during his early career. Jon Jones knocked him out in the first round of a bout with World
Championship Fighting in 2008 and Gabriel Gonzaga submitted him with an arm
triangle choke during a bout with the Connecticut-based organization Reality
Fighting almost nine years ago. But a pair of wins last year against Kevin
Sears (a kimura at 2:29 in the second round at CES 56) and Dirlei Broenstrup (a
TKO at 3:17 in the third round at CES 58 due in part to some well-timed Muay
Thai plums) during events in Hartford apparently garnered positive attention.
The rest of the preliminary card includes;
- A lightweight bout between Jim Miller and Vinc Pichel.
- A women’s strawweight bout between Felice Herrig and Virna Jandiroba.
- A featherweight bout between TJ Brown and Danny Chavez.
- A women’s strawweight bout between Ashley Yoder and Livinha Souza.
- A 145-pound bout between Kai Kamaka and Tony Kelley.
- A bantamweight bout between Sean O'Malley and Marlon Vera.
- A heavyweight bout between Junior Dos Santos and Jairzinho Rozenstruik.
- A bantamweight bout between John Dodson and Merab Dvalishvili.
- A featherweight bout between Herbert Burns and Daniel Pineda.