Waterbury's Mike Kimbel on Bellator 215 main card; other Connecticut fighters in prelimsby Brian Woodman Jr. on 02/15/19
Mike Kimbel (2-0), who trains out of Waterbury, will fight John Douma (3-1) on February 15 during a bantamweight bout on Bellator' 215's main card.
The Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville will host the fights. A heavyweight bout between Matt Mitrione (13-6) and Sergei Kharitonov (29-7 with one no-contest) will headline the event.
Kimbel, who clinched AMMO Fight League's amateur featherweight title in 2017, is a veteran of Premier FC and Reality Fighting that has already fought in two Bellator events -- Bellator 194 and Bellator 207.
A welterweight bout between Logan Storley (9-0) and John Pascu (18-9) will serve as the co-main event. The main card also includes a bantamweight fight between Eduardo Dantas (20-6) and Toby Misech (12-6), and a 175-pound catchweight fight between Austin Vanderford (6-0) and Cody Jones (6-2).
Two Connecticut fighters will appear on the preliminary card as well. Pete Rogers (3-4), who previously appeared in three previous Bellator events, will fight Jason Rine (1-4) in a featherweight bout. Bill Goff (1-0), a veteran of Reality Fighting, will make his second Bellator apperance during a welterweight bout with Ryan Hardy -- the latter will make his professional debut that evening.
The rest of the preliminary card includes;
- Heavyweight: Steve Mowry (5-0) versus Darion Abbey (professional debut).
- Featherweight: Amber Leibrock (3-2) versus Amanda Bell (5-5).
- Middleweight: Pat McCrohan (3-2) versus Jason Markland (professional debut).
- Atomweight: Tabatha Watkins (3-0) versus Lindsey VanZandt (4-1)
- Featherweight: Matt Probin (3-0) versus Ali Zebian (1-0)
- Flyweight: Zarrukh Adashev (1-1) versus Ronie Arana (0-2)