Bellator 262 coming to Mohegan Sun on July 16by Brian Woodman Jr. on 07/15/21
The Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville will host Bellator 262 on Friday evening. A flyweight world title fight between belt holder Juliana Velasquez (11-0) and Denise Kielholtz (6-2) will headline the event.
Spokespersons for Bellator MMA stated there have been changes to the organization’s July 16 event at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville. Organizers cancelled a heavyweight fight between Linton Vassell (20-8 with one no contest) and Marcelo Golm (8-3) due to an injury. Representatives did not provide details regarding the injury as of this writing.
Bellator promoted a bantamweight bout between Mathieus Mattos (12-2-1) and Cee Jay Hamilton (15-8) to the main card. The organization added a lightweight bout between Wallingford-based fighter Nick Giulietti (2-1) and Charlie Campbell (3-1) to the preliminary card.
Theodore Macuka (1-0), who is also based out of Connecticut, will fight fellow featherweight Cody Law (3-0) on the opening card.
The rest of the main card includes;
- A heavyweight bout between Tyrell Fortune (10-1 with one no contest) and Matt Mitrione (13-8 with one no contest).
- A featherweight bout between Arlene Blencowe (13-8) and Dayana Silva (9-6).
- A middleweight bout between Johnny Eblen (8-0) and Travis Davis (10-4).
The rest of the preliminary card includes;
- A heavyweight bout between Ronny Markes (19-8) and Said Sowma (6-2).
- A welterweight bout between Roman Faraldo (5-0) and John Ramirez (5-5).
- A flyweight bout between Diana Avsaragova (3-0) and Gabriella Griffin (2-2).
- A featherweight bout between Johnny Soto (4-1) and Adil Benjilany (5-3 with one no contest).