Bellator 256 coming to Mohegan Sun on April 9by Brian Woodman Jr. on 04/08/21
A rematch between light heavyweights Lyoto Machida (26-10) and Ryan Bader (27-6, with one no contest) will headline Bellator MMA 256 on April 9 at the Mohegan Sun arena in Uncasville, CT. Machida defeated Bader about eight years ago during a UFC event.
The winner will progress to the organization’s Grand Prix semi-finals for that weight class.
A flyweight bout between Liz Carmouche (14-7) and Vanessa Porto (22-8) will serve as the co-main event that evening.
Lightweights Goiti Yamauchi (25-4) and Dan Moret (14-6) will also fight on the main card, which will include two featherweight bouts. One will feature Cat Zingano (11-4) and Olivia Parker (4-1). Adam Boris (16-1) and Jeremy Kennedy (16-2, with one no contest) will compete in the other.
The preliminary card will include;
- A middleweight bout between Dalton Rosta (4-0) and Tony Johnson (9-2).
- A featherweight bout between Talita Nogueira (7-2) and Jessica Borga (3-2).
- A bantamweight bout between Cass Bell (5-1) and Jornel Lugo (5-0).
- A featherweight bout between Cody Law (2-0) and Nathan Ghareeb (2-0).
- A bantamweight bout between Jaylon Bates (1-0) and Jeffrey Glossner (2-1).
- A lightweight bout between Nainoa Dung (3-2) and Izzy William (4-3).
- A flyweight bout between Diana Avsaragova (2-0) and Tara Graff (1-2).
- A bantamweight bout between John Duoma (4-2) and Will Smith (3-2).